Revision date: February 13, 2014
General Collection and Use of Information
IFN may collect different types of information on its Customers and users based upon its business relationship with the Customer or user of its website.
IFN collects information through the following means:
- Information a user supplies IFN by submitting personal information through the use of its website
- Information a Customer or potential customer supplies IFN when requesting or purchasing service through IFN
- Third Parties such as a credit agency in which Customer supplies IFN its written approval to gain such information.
IFN uses the information to:
- Address Customer needs when purchasing and using its services
- Communicate with Customers regarding service updates and offers
- Address any security or network issues
- Respond to website requests and inquires
Information Protection and Security
- IFN does NOT sell Customer or users’ personal information to third parties. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- IFN uses best practices to ensure the integrity and privacy of any information collected from Customers or users.
- Requires all third parties acting on behalf of IFN to protect Customer or user information consistent with this Policy.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”)
CPNI is information that is available to IFN due to its business relationship with a Customer. This information includes quantity, location, and type of service ordered, amount of service used and billing information related to the service. IFN does not disclose CPNI to any third party without written permission by the Customer of record.
IFN Website (www.ifncom.net) and Applications
- IFN may collect anonymous Customer and user information as these individuals use the IFN website.
- The data collected maybe used to gather information as to how Customers and users may interact with the website and the specific products and services. It is also a measure of the website’s traffic.
- If Customer or User participates in public forums of any kind including but not limited to social networking sites, social media, bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms or forums even if IFN participates in these sites, the Customer or User is advised the information submitted to these sites is considered public. Any information considered public may be read, collected, distributed or used by others without the consent of the Customer or user. Use of the sites referenced herein are at Customer or users sole discretion. Information shared on these sites is not covered by this Policy.
- If Customer or User navigates to any website other than IFN’s website (www.ifncom.net) then information and data collected by that website or application is governed by the policies of that particular site and not this Policy. When navigating to another website, IFN recommends and encourages that its Customers and users review the other website’s Privacy Policies before supplying any personal information to them.
- Information required by law enforcement agencies through court orders, subpoenas, warrants and other legal proceedings. Unless otherwise negotiated in writing between the parties, IFN does not provide notice to Customers or users of demands from law enforcement agencies.
- Any violations of federal or state law.
IFN Company Correspondence
- All Customers or users who receive correspondence from IFN or an affiliate may choose to opt out of any such future correspondence by reporting it to IFN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although Customers and users may opt out of marketing correspondence, Customers will still receive service related contacts and notices from IFN. IFN will work with all Customers to establish a reasonable method of correspondence between IFN and Customer for service related issues.
- Any correspondence request may take up to thirty (30) days for Customer or users requests to be processed.
Privacy of Children
- IFN websites are not designed nor intended for children under the age of 18. IFN does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18.
- The IFN website, applications and services are designed specifically for individuals over the age of 18.